HR AND OPERATIONS ASSISTANT (REMOTE) (PHILIPPINES) (M/F/D)
We are Wave Nine, the not-so-typical consultancy from Silicon Valley that practices startup spirit and speed. Together with our strategic partner WorkBoard, Inc., we bring purpose to employees and results to companies. Based on a framework called Objectives and Key Results (OKRs), we help companies gain competitive advantage through high alignment on purpose, strong focus, and transparency. We combine consulting services with a category-defining software platform backed by leading investors such as Andreessen Horowitz, Microsoft, and Softbank.
To complement our growing team, we are looking for an HR and Operations Assistant who will support our team. By building strong relationships with some of the most successful and respected entrepreneurs, you will create long-term value for Wave Nine and accelerate your career as an international consulting professional.
The Job – What you will do
- Update and Implement HR and Recruiting SOP
- Manage Deel or other EOR Accounts
- Lead the Onboarding and Offboarding Processes
- Prepare reference letter (upon request) for former Wave Nine employees
- Partner with management to ensure HR goals are aligned with business initiatives
Employee Retention Programs
- Performance Management Plan – providing continuous feedback on performance to help employees identify areas for professional growth
- Recognition and reward systems (Bonus Plan): making sure to thank the employee who go the extra mile and explain how their hard work helps the organization
Bonus Plan – design a structured and fair system to reward employees for their performance, contributions or achievements.
Create and keep track of important documents (e.g., contracts, NDA, Job Offer Letters)
Managing employee database – employee data management involves collecting, storing, and maintaining critical information concerning Wave Nine’s employees. From personal bios to employment details and performance data, collecting data from each employee.
Research employment laws to help the company stay compliant and not find ourselves in any legal trouble. It allows our business to create and maintain a reputation as a great place to work.
Manage Deel accounts of our full-time employees
Collaborate with Accounting to process payroll accurately and on time, including bonuses.
Stay up to date with relevant labor laws, payroll regulations, and best practices to ensure compliance.
Foster employee engagement and retention by implementing initiatives to enhance employee satisfaction, conducting employee surveys, identify areas for improvement and develop strategies to boost employee engagement and loyalty
Requirements – What we look for
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field.
Extensive knowledge of US labor laws (including federal and state regulations) and EU labor laws (nice to have)
Minimum of 1 year of experience in human resources, with a focus on labor law compliance in both US and EU jurisdictions.
Strong understanding of employment practices, policies, and procedures in the US and EU context.
Experience working with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to ensure HR compliance.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively educate and influence employees at all levels.
Detail-oriented with exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Familiarity with HR technology systems and tools.
Benefits – What we offer
* An international team who believes that every member enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges.
* Learn and apply Silicon Valley methods by working directly with companies and leaders from the San Francisco Bay Area.
* Competitive salary
* Best equipment to support remote work, with occasional on-site client meetings